As we say good freaking riddance to 2010, I realized that it was one of the worst years of my life. The only one that was worse was 2004 because my mother died.
2010 started out with the Husband losing his job. He was informed of said losing before 2010, but it was not official until 2010.
We trucked along, and then came the next blow - K was diagnosed with cancer in March and started chemo in April.
Our Anniversary weekend away sucked because I was not feeling well, but we could not cancel.
I believe it was in May or June that K's SIL found a lump in her breast - and it was cancerous.
In June, the first car accident of the year happened. Only a fender bender, but it caused enough damage that we didn't have the car for a few weeks. Thank goodness for insurance! This also caused a huge surcharge to be put on the Husbands licence renewal. Also during this time, HRB had 3 people that she knew die of different causes. This made her sad, which in turn made me sad.
In June I took a trip to visit J & K before her surgery - that was nice. I spent 3 days with them, and 3 days with family.
July and August brought me some help at work, which you'd think is a good thing. And usually - it is. However, while I really like the woman I work with - you can see some favoritism going on because she's worked with the supervisor in a different department. I'm doing my best to look at it from the other side - she does need to know everything I do just in case I do end up off. I doubt I will, but you never know what will happen. August also brought a lovely speeding ticket.
July and August also brought a great garden harvest - potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and beans. Mmmm... they were sooo good! I also made some strawberry jam.
September came along - and the Boy got his drivers license. 'nuff said. :)
In October, I started to realize that the Husband hasn't had too many interviews, and things are getting a little dicey. But, I'm still not worried... he's still got time!
November rolls around ... and I have a good review at work, for the most part. I'm told that I need to work on my communication skills, but hey - I knew that! I tell it like it is - and a lot of people don't like that. I am working on it - but it's difficult! However, even I know that telling the director he's an idiot is career suicide. I would love to do so though! One of our departments is going to cause a pretty big problem, and my department is going to have to clean it up. We've already had one that we're working on right now! and the Husband is still not working....
Ahh... December. The time of snow, and Christmas... and the chance that my car might be written off. I found out from the body shop that the only reason it wasn't was because the place they get the parts from lowered their markup - otherwise it would have been written off. HRB's mom had her aneurysm burst. The Husband is still not working... and I'm starting to panic. But - what will be will be. I did get a raise though... and K was declared cancer free, and dad's PSA is low, and HRB's mom is going to be okay - so I guess December is when things started getting better.
Looking back - 2010 was not as catastrophic as I thought it was. I think if I wasn't feeling bad and the Husband was working, it would still have been a sucky year - but not a horrible awful year. I am still alive, and so are all the people I love. I have a job, and a roof over my head. I still cannot wait for 2010 to end though - it has to get better. I don't know if I can handle another year like this one was. I have heard the same sentiment from many many people.
Let's hope 2011 is better than 2010.
if it's not - things will be bad indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment