December 23, 2010

I'm Crafty

And not in the way of -"Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception..."

I'm talking yarn and fake flowers and baking. :)

I just finished making butter tarts and chocolate haystacks.  The butter tarts are delightfully runny but won't run down your chin - which is the way they're supposed to be!
The chocolate haystacks are not quite to the dark chocolate level, but definitely have more cocoa than the recipe calls for.  What can I say - I LOVE dark chocolate! 

I've got a Christmas basket of flowers on my desk at work that I put together for this year - I can't believe how easy they are.  I also can't believe how much flower shops/craft stores charge for the completed ones!  The one I made would go for over $30, easy!  And I paid a lot less than that, that's for sure!

And then there's the crocheting.  I can't knit to save a life - two needles just confuse me!  But a crochet hook and a few yards of yarn - and in an hour, I have a dishcloth.  I did a quick count, and I think I'm up to 24 dishcloths made this year.  That's a lot of dishcloths! :)  but they're easy, and since I have to do a lot of sitting on the couch anyway - it gives my hands something to do.

I've also made baby blankets for a couple of friends of mine - they come out so pretty!  The first one was for a girl, so I did it with the main color of white, and then accents of soft yellow, blue, green and pink. The second one was for a boy - so the main color was yellow, with accents of blue green and pink.    I'm thinking of putting up a website - "Hand made baby blankets, made to your color specifications". :)  Only thing is - they wouldn't be cheap.  They take a lot of work - and you can buy a blanket for $20 at the evil empire, as my BIL calls it. (Wal-mart)

Who knows - maybe I will make my own Ad for my blog - Crafty Stuff by a Blogger. :P  I do flower arrangements (fresh and fake), basic baby blankets, dish cloths and baking.

Any takers????

No comments:

Post a Comment