December 15, 2010

Gambling and whinging...

I'm sitting here laughing at the Husband - he bought one of those new Pools tickets from Sports Select. You have to pick all the winners in a set of sports games, and if you do - you win.  He has one for basketball tonight, and he's living and dying by the basket!  It's hysterical!  He just said "if all the games ended RIGHT NOW, we'd win!"  Ah, the fun of a sports nut.  At least he wins more than he spends, so it's all good. 

I'm not a heavy gambler, but I like to go to to bingo once in a while.  Here in our city, the Casino also has bingo that you can play at the same time as the video poker/keno.  It can get pretty expensive if you're not careful.  I've seen people drop over $500.00 in an hour!   I feel guilty if I lose $50 in combined bingo/video poker in a night.

We decided to go earlier tonight, and we were very lucky.  The Husband got 2 bingo's, and I got 1.  We came out with more $$ than we went in with, so that's pretty cool.    We just put it into a fund, and then grab some for the next time we decide to go play bingo.  Once the fund is empty, we start saving up again.  Since we don't get out much because of me,  the fund hasn't been empty for a while.

I really feel guilty sometimes - I know the Husband would like to go to a movie, or do some shopping, and I can't because I'm not well.   Some days, I don't know how I make it to work and back again.  I don't drive any more, because you never know when the vertigo is going to hit.   I tell ya - I'm getting tired of going to the doctor - and I'm sure he's tired of seeing me!   I actually have to go tomorrow because of a weird pain/sensation in my left leg.  I have a "buzzing" running from my hip to my knee - I'm guessing that's my sciatic nerve. I've been waiting for that- I injured my hip many, many years ago.
But, there's also pain/tingling from my calf to my ankle - it feels like water running down it.  It's driving me crazy, and so off to the doctor I go.   We'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment