Wow, am I lame!
We just went to my staff Christmas party. It was a lot of fun - chatting with the boss and co-workers, getting to say hello to the CEO, who actually knows who I am. I have a bit of an edge though - he gets coffee every morning at the same time I do, so I say good morning. Never hurts to know the executives! :)
Anyway - we had a wonderful buffet dinner with wine. Roast beef, chicken, Caesar salad and some other salads, cheese and pickles, and rosemary potatoes. There were also cannelloni - some of which the Husband managed to squig off his plate and on to my lap. Ah, well. It's not like I can't wash the pants I was wearing.
Then there were prize draws. While I don't mind they way they do it - I think they should shake it up a little. Instead of just 10 draws for prizes after dinner, have some prizes set up when everyone gets there - like a door prize, but already drawn! It's not like they don't know who's coming -you have to buy a ticket in advance. I might suggest that for next year and see what they think. The prizes aren't huge expensive ones - usually about $50.00 or so. Have a few of those, and a few less of the draws after dinner.
and now for the lame part - I managed to stick around until 9:15pm. yay me. All that preparation- curling my hair, makeup - including glitter eyeliner!, the nice Christmas outfit, and we stayed for a whole 2.5 hours. We got there at 6:30, dinner was at 7:30, and the prize draws were done at 9pm.
I can't remember the last time I was out past 10pm, besides being at the brother-in-laws place (who's a lot of fun! I'll post about him another time...) Of course, being unwell does that to you. No matter what you do - you're exhausted fairly quickly. Since I had a pedicure and manicure today, I'm even more tired. I did have a power snooze, which I hoped would help me, but no dice. Yes, I'm blogging at almost 11:00 pm now - but I"m also in my jammies and going to bed right away. I don't have to be sparkly or hide my yawns - it's just the Husband, and he knows what's going on.
One final note: I was right! I got a LOT of compliments on my hair tonight. My stylist is AWESOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment