Good News #1 - Early in the week, I got called into my supervisors office. Usually, she comes down the hall and calls me - but this time she called my extension. My first thought was "uh-oh, who did I offend now?" I tend to tell it like it is, and not sugar coat things. I'm working on getting better at being more diplomatic in my speech so that instead of "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard" I say " that's interesting - are there any plans to tighten up the edits in the system?" My boss just laughs at me - she knows EXACTLY what I'm thinking, but encourages me to use the diplomatic terms.
Anyway - it was good news! I got a very nice raise - almost 3%! In this economy - getting any raise is a good one, let alone that size of one.
Good news #2 - which to me, is the best of the week - my dad called to tell me his PSA is below 1 again, which means that the cryosurgery for prostate cancer was successful. WHEW. We don't need any more cancer this year. Two of my good friends in Calgary had cancer diagnosed within weeks of each other. Luckily - both were caught very very early, and it seems they will both recover. Both finished their chemo runs within days of each other - just in time to feel better for Christmas. I was chatting with K and she sent me flowers - because I sounded so down about how I`m feeling. Thank you K - you did make my day!
Good news #3 - which needs a bit of backstory. A couple of weeks ago, the Boy was driving ...somewhere... and hit some ice and did the "glide across the road until you hit a lamp post" trick.
Here's what my poor Kia looked like:

That was on Thursday the 2nd of December. The Boy had an appointment with the adjuster on Dec 6th, and the adjuster said it was "marginal" - they might or might not fix it because the damage was about $11,000.00. Certainly doesn't look like it - does it?
On the 13th I called the body shop, and they said "we still don't know - we'll call you". I waited until Friday before my impatience got the best of me. The Husband will tell you that that's amazing for me - usually I'm going crazy after 2 days.
When I called on Friday I said "Hi, you have my Rondo.... can you tell me if you're going to fix it or not? No one seems to know...." He laughed and said "We're going to fix it - the parts are on order. Sorry to take so long - the claims people just told us late last night that it was going to be fixed, and not written off".
I think they heard my "woohoo!" on the top floor of the building I work in!
So, that's been my week - finally, some good things. 2010 has been awful. I'll do a long, whiny post around New Years Eve - a 2010 retrospective. I've promised a few posts so far - don't worry - I'll do them!
No comments:
Post a Comment