December 28, 2010

After Christmas updates

It's a few days after Christmas, and life is finally starting to settle back to normal...whatever normal is.

As always - I spent most of Christmas Eve and Christmas away from the computer.  I came back on late Christmas night and saw that early Christmas Eve (1am),  HRB's mom had what they thought was a stroke, but was really a brain aneurysm bursting.  Luckily - it was a very very small one.  The surgery to repair it was done yesterday and she's going to be fine -  and might even be home on Friday.   I am very glad she's going to be okay - but I also hope that HRB's mom takes this opportunity to make some changes in her life and lifestyle.  I won't go into the long long rant that I want to - I'd be here all day.  Suffice it to say - the woman needs to make some changes. Especially in how she treats people.  And I'm done.

On Boxing Day we went to a family dinner - it was a blast!  The littles got a Wii game called "Just Dance 2" - and they convinced some the bigs to play.  It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!  and I got video of it! LOL  The husband has threatened divorce if I ever show it to anyone.  He also knows that I will show it to people - but I won't post it online. :P  I have threatened The Boy with YouTube though.  He's on there too.  These new digital cameras are awesome - who needs a video camera when your digital camera takes video?

The Boy is sad about the Christmas tree - when Christmas is over, I take the tree down.  It came down yesterday.  There is a good reason though - my two cats tend to get territorial over it, and start fighting under it, and then the ornaments start breaking. So, the tree comes down fairly quickly.

I'm starting to catch up on my sleep and getting a bit of energy. Considering I've slept over 10hrs each night and had a nap each day for the past 3 days - I certainly hope I'm getting energy.  But, this is one of the classic issues that someone who has what I think I have, has.  If you do anything that takes any energy - it takes two days to recover. I've been awake a whole 5 hours, and I"m ready for a nap. *sigh*   But, I've still got almost a whole week off - and nothing planned but a hearing test tomorrow.  It's going to be nice to relax and try to get my strength back - and see if I do!  I've been so exhausted for so long - I'm not even sure what it feels like not to be.  My poor doctor is tired of seeing me, that's for sure.

My next post might be all about the presents.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment