It always amazes me how cold it can get in the Canadian prairies. A few hundred kilometres to the west and -5C is sub-arctic. A few hundred kilometers to the east, and -15C gets a cold weather warning.
Where I'm at, we're at -24C and supposed to hit close to -40 in the wind tonight. Brrrr. My computer is in the basement too. While it is insulated, somewhat, it's still freaking cold down here sometimes. Maybe one of these years we'll get around to putting up walls and making some rooms, instead of a big open space.
It also gets warm in the summer in the prairies, which allows the tomatoes and potatoes to grow nice and big, so it's all good.
The main complaint I have about the winter is not the cold - it's the extreme changes. It's -24 right now, yesterday it was -10ish, and in two days it'll be -10ish again. My head does not like this dramatic change, and I get migraine headaches. Maybe that's what's wrong with me - just plain old migraines. We'll see.
___
Polar Bear club members are insane!
No comments:
Post a Comment