I am the first to admit that I don't know much about hockey - but even I know giving up 3 goals in 5 minutes is not good. I remember saying to the Husband, just before the 3rd goal - Canada has stopped checking/hitting. What's going on?
And it was down hill from there. If I didn't know better - I'd almost think the Russians were playing possum. They didn't do much until the third period - and then it was like a whole different team was playing! Of course - I do know better. The Russians were pumped full of steroids during the second intermission. :P
Oh, man - I'm going to get into trouble with that, I know it.
I do feel bad for the Canadian team though - they looked stunned when the third goal went in. And absolutely poleaxed when the fourth one went in. It was almost like they couldn't believe they were being outplayed. And in the third period - they were. Russia spanked them badly - and you could see they knew it.
The only consolation that I can find in this - the loss was not to the USA. I don't think I could have stood that two years in a row.
Since I'm female - I can say with a shrug
" There's always next year. "
The men are going to spend the next year analyzing, over-thinking and trying to figure out what happened. It's simple. Canada was up 3-0 and took the pressure off. Who knows what happens if they don't?
Eyebrow on Stun, Mr. Spock
No comments:
Post a Comment