I'm a bit of a hockey fan, and just finished watching the World Junior semi-final in Buffalo NY. You wouldn't know they were in the US by the crowd though - it was probably 75% Canadians. It amazes me how little interest the USA has in hockey - and yet, they have more of the teams. Ah, well.
Tomorrow night - Canada vs Russia for the gold medal. I hope we win - it would take the sting out of the loss last year. :) Although - the win tonight was pretty sweet, I can tell you. When Canada scored in the first three minutes of the first period - I was pretty confident of a win!
Of course, I'm a bit of a pessimist too - and waited until there was 5 minutes left in the third period and Canada was up 4 to 1 before I declared a win. Mainly because there was the phantom high sticking penalty that Canada took - on replay, it was the USA player that whacked the USA goaltender. No home ice advantage from the refs there!
At least one of my teams will win tonight. I'm watching the Calgary Flames fail tonight. They're already down 4-1 in the middle of the second period. I won't be able to watch the entire game - I have to go back to work tomorrow. (WAAAAHHH! I DON'T WANT TOOO! can you see the temper tantrum through the screen?) Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow - but I doubt it.
Calgary has been kinda sucky this year. I don't think they'll make the playoffs again - and who knows what they'll do to shake things up. There's a lot of talk about trading Jerome Iginla - but I don't know if they will. It might take the heart right out of the team if they do. When you hear Calgary Flames you think Jerome Iginla. but, since it's not my decision to make - I'll just wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment