January 10, 2011

But I don't have your mail - Honest!

The past few weeks I've been getting phone calls on my cell phone, with the person on the other end hanging up when my voice mail cuts in.  No biggie - obviously a wrong number.  Meh, delete callerID and on my merry way, right?

WRONG!

More calls happen.  I called back once, and I got to talk to a very nice older lady who didn't speak English very well.  To be honest, she sounded like a Ukrainian baba.http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-50.gif 
Apparently she wanted Canada Post.  I very politely let her know that I'm not with Canada Post, that she has the wrong number.  Thank you, she said.   Again... all done. right? Right?

Nope.

I just got a voice mail today from the same lady- "I talked to someone two weeks ago.  I'm still not getting my mail. Please call me back." No name, no phone number left.   This time, I tried to be nice and call Canada Post, to let them know that someone is trying to contact them.

What an exercise in frustration that was.  I tried the website first - looking for a "general" feedback form.  Nothing doing!  You have to pick a specific form, and then have a postal code. Since I didn't have that, time to phone them.
dial dial dial - impersonal computer telling me to choose English or French,  residential or commercial, Earth or Mars, are you still here? you haven't hung up yet?   Finally, could it be... a a a a person...NO! A recording!!!  -  "Thank you for calling Canada Post. We're experiencing high volumes of calls.  Please go to our website or call back later "  *click* WWHHHA?????  Are you freaking kidding me?  

So, I tried later.  yeah, that worked.  Didn't even get the choose 1 for English, just   "Thank you for calling. We're closed.  Go to our website" andscream in frustration.  

Alrighty then. Time to use my brains.  In other words -  I cheated.  I went to a website feedback form and told them that they need a better way for oddball requests, and that this lady needs some help.  Since I have caller ID, at least I had a phone number to give them.

I know that she won't get help - no one ever actually reads those forms.  But, at least I tried.  And next time my phone rings at work, I'll try to answer it so I can tell her that I'm very sorry, but I'm not Canada Post, and I don't know why you aren't getting your mail.


____
Transfer complete - enter when ready.

1 comment:

  1. Are you surrrrre youdon't have her mail???

    ReplyDelete