January 9, 2011

Cheesy goodness and choices

That's what was in breakfast today!  Mmm... ham, cheese and mushroom omelette's for breakfast along with some of the best coffee I've ever had. 
It's not from a chain, either. I brew it myself.   It took me a long time to be able to brew decent coffee.  I've also discovered that it wasn't always just me - it was also the coffee.  Those giant cans of coffee *shudder* make terrible pots of coffee.  If I can't get the mountain blend I like, I then buy whole beans and grind them myself.   Yes, I'm a coffee snob. 


as you can tell, I'm not quite as melancholy today.  I'm still very concerned about the world - but I also know that I can only change me, and try to influence others.   I know that violence does not solve anything, and I can tell others that.  However, others may still choose to do violence.
And it all comes down to that - choice.  I hear people say "I didn't have a choice". Well, you did have a choice - but the other choice was unconscionable/inconceivable to you.  I see it on TV shows "Do it or I'll shoot you" - they have the choice to die. However, that is so far out there, it is not given any consideration.   

Or I'll hear "well, you didn't give me any choice" "you left me no choice" ... You had the choice not to do what you did.  It may not be a good choice, or one that you like, but you had the choice. You just had to get what you wanted.
The only time you don't have a choice is when something happens that you don't have time to react too.  For example: You're walking across the street on a green light and a car runs the red and hits you.  You didn't have the choice of being hit by the car or not because you didn't know it was happening.

However, you did have a choice to not to be there when the event happened.  But that gets a little crazy if you go that far - you'd never leave the house for fear of something happening.

Ha - can you tell this is a pet peeve of mine?

__
Roads? where we're going we don't need roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment