I AM NOT AN ASTROLOGER
I DO KNOW THAT SOME OF WHAT I SAY MAY BE IN ERROR.
Ahem... on with the rant:
I'm talking, of course, about the buzz about a "new" zodiac sign. I've been a Cancer all my life - just because some astronomer says that I should be a Gemini doesn't mean I will change. Gemini does not fit me one little bit.
Astrology is about balance, and harmony - not when the stars are in the sky. If you read the Wiki article about it, you'll see that it hasn't mattered for a very long time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology
From what I understand - he's been there all along, and the early astronomers knew about him. But, 13 is not balanced - therefore the Serpent Bearer (Ophiuchus) is not used. And who wants to be a serpent bearer anyway??? That does not sound like it fits into the Zodiac.
I'm sure there are more than 13 constellations that could be astrological signs up there - you could have one for each week if you wanted too. How about Orion? Why not have that as an astrological sign? Why not Ursa Major, Hurcules, or Canis Minor? You could have so many different things, why bother messing with the signs of the Zodiac.
Does this astronomer think that Astrologers have not taken into account the drift of the stars? That they don't know darn well that the constellation of Capricorn has drifted a little bit?
The new dates don't make any sense either - Scorpio is 6 days in the new chart. Uh - no. That's not how it works, folks. If they really really want to be picky - leave it as is, but put a foot note that Scorpio also has Ohiuchus rising or some such thing.
The New Dates:
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20
I think the person who brought this up just wanted to stir things up and get their 15 minutes, or in this case days, of fame. Or, maybe they're crazy enough to think that people will just accept this change "oh, okay. If you say so - I'll suddenly change my sign". These days - it could be either one.
No matter how you slice it, I'm a crab. LOL
___
Space, the Final Frontier...
No comments:
Post a Comment