February 12, 2012

when it's cold, you need blankets

Hand made ones of course!

I just finished crocheting myself a new afghan.   I had one, but it's in Christmas colors and has fringe, which kept getting run over by my computer chair.

I was in the craft store in early January - and they had three shades purple just begging to be made into blanket for me.  I LOVE PURPLE!


I bought it and started crocheting.  I used to use a 5.0mm hook, but it took so long that I got smart and started using a 10.00mm hook with two strands.  It only took me a few weeks to make the blanket, and that was not even focusing exclusively.  I could make one in about 3 weeks if I had to.

I tried to take a picture using my webcam, but it came out blue.  I'll try with my camera and see what I get in a few days.

If you want one, email me or comment.  I'll warn you up front - they're NOT cheap.  If all you want is a blanket, go to Wal-Mart.  If you want a nice, handmade blanket, contact me.  You can choose up to 4 colors, and if you want fringe or not.


___________
winters are for crafting.....


No comments:

Post a Comment