Yes, the spelling is atrocious, but I don't really care!
My Tabby has been sick since before Christmas. I noticed she was coughing like she had a hairball, but nothing was ever coming out, but when I took her to the vet - they didn't hear anything in her lungs, so I took her home and got rid of the scented litter.
A month later, back to the vet we go because she's not any better, and she's feeling "bony" to me when I pet her.
This time, we took an x-ray and when the vet came out, she looked so sad. We looked at the x-ray, and Tabby's lungs were white - and they should have been black. The vet said it might be an infection, or it could be cancer - but she's never seen an infection look like that...
I decided to try antibiotics, mainly because they were easy and it just might be an infection. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much and was just doing the antibiotics to prolong my time with Tabby.
A week later, back to the vet to see how she's doing. The vet comes out with a smile, and says "come look at the new x-ray" - and lo and behold, the white is less.
Have you ever tried to pill a cat??? now try it with one that's just over 7 pounds and as fast as a rabbit! fast forward to today - scratches from my mean ol' tabby and all.
A new x-ray shows that she's definitely getting better, and it was a horrendous infection. The vet is really happy - because she actually thought it was cancer and was humoring me with the antibiotics. (no, she didn't say that...but you could tell.)
2 more weeks of antibiotics, and she should be good to go.
Thank you to all of you who were thinking good thoughts for her.
______
to you, it's a cat. To me, it's a four-legged child with a speech impediment.
No comments:
Post a Comment