Wow.
That's all I can say - wow! Nah - not really. You know me better than that.
Watching it on TV is nothing like seeing it live. I got to go with The Husband to a game on Sunday, and the Jets won 5-1 over the Colorado Avalanche.
I'm not a die hard statistician, so I won't give an in depth analysis there. If you want that, find a sports blog. :) If you want my quick run through - keep reading.
The night started out with a decent meal and a ride to the MTS Centre. Since I'm a dizzy blonde (literally! more on that later) I sniffed out the elevators to the third floor. We shared the elevator with Zach Bogosian. That was pretty cool. I was like "so that's Zach Bogosian, eh?". The Husband kept peeking at him like a love sick schoolgirl. His words, not mine! LOL
In the first period, no scoring happened. The roughing call was the most excitement, and a bad penalty to take. Luckily they killed it off with no scoring .
The second period - it picked up a little.... well, 3 goals on 8 shots picked up! How the Jets scored 3 goals on 8 shots, I don't know. I just know that it was a fun game to watch.
When the Avalanche scored, you could almost hear a pin drop from the Jets fans. You could hear a low "noooo" from all of us. But - it was the only one they got, so we're okay.
Third period scoring was all Jets. They scored two more. What can I say? It was a good night.
The best goal of the night came from Wellwood in the second period - with the wraparound that snuck by Varlamov. It was awesome - you could hear the entire arena holding our breath until we saw the referee pointing to the net. Then, we almost blew the roof off the place! For the next day my throat hurt from hollering - 5 goals is a lot of yelling, I tell you!
The only downside - a yutz a few seats down has a cowbell that he hits with a drumstick. He almost ate it.
________________
The good ol' hockey game.....
No comments:
Post a Comment