I'm done denying the following statement:
Moving to Winnipeg was the biggest mistake of my life. I thought it would be good for Larry to be here with his family, because he lost his mom and grandmother within 2 months of each other.
well, it turns out, nope. He should have just taken a leave from his job, come here for a while, then back to Calgary. We rarely see his family like I thought we would. Maybe 4 times a year?
Me? I just lost my dad. I've only got a sister left, and she's in Alberta.
I regret so much not being in Calgary with him. There's almost no photos of me and him.
I regret leaving my sister, because she's going to be all alone now.
I know his wife's family will just...let my sister fall by the wayside. and that's tough.
we lost the house we bought here because Larry couldn't (wouldn't?) find a job, and my income wasn't enough. Larry's had a stroke (5 years ago), because his doctor was an incompetent twat. I'm on disability, probably for the rest of my life - I wonder if there's a surgeon in AB that would have been better for my SCDS? Kodi is on disability for headaches, possibly caused by all the concussions he sustained here.
it's minus 33C right now, and I'm cold.
I've lost all the friends I made through work, because they couldn't be bothered to come visit, or invite me out. I'm a loner, yes, but still would like to get out once in a while.
Yes, I know I have good things in my life. Yes, I know it could be worse. However, grief has me in it's clutches and I'm just wallowing for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment