May 19, 2013

VEMP results..

This post is a little out of order, but who cares?  Not like many folks are reading this anyway :)




As I thought - I failed the VEMP test.    My decibel thresholds were 55 decibels (DB) on the right and 60DB on the left.   Anything lower than 80DB is considered abnormal.

I honestly think they are lower than that - but it's been a while since I saw the screen and I've been known to be wrong :P

Anyway - my surgeon wasn't all that happy with the results.  He wanted one ear to be worse than the other, so he knew which one to do.   We discussed it and decided on trying the right ear.

I'm waiting for a surgery date - and Dr H said he's going to make a 3D model of my head so he knows where to work and what he's working with for the surgery.


____________
shhh....not so loud....



No comments:

Post a Comment