May 17, 2013

Dang!

Wow.

I just haven't been up to posting on here for a while.


I've got a quick update though.

In December 2012 I had another high resolution CT scan.  In January 2013 I got confirmation that I do have bilateral Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome.

You can read about it here : Wikipedia Link

My otolaryngologist (what is that? click here) confirmed with me that I wanted to try surgery.  I did confirm it, but was pretty nervous about it.  Especially when he laid out the complications that could happen.

*Cerebral Spinal Fluid leak - fixable? yes... okay....
*Meningitis - treatable, so.. okay
*Deafness in the operated ear - not good, but... okay
*Stroke/blood clots - EEEEK?!?  That doesn't sound good....

and these are just the really bad ones.  There were more, but I can't remember them now.  Story of my life these days...

Anyway - I was given a form and told that I had to have an x-ray, bloodwork, ecg, etc done. Once they had that paperwork, I'd go on a list for surgery and they "planned" to have it done in the next 3 months.

Thinking that the faster I did it - the faster it would go (HA!) I did the stuff right away at the end of January 2013.

It is now May 17, 2013 and I am still waiting for them to call me.  When I called them at the end of the 3 month period, I was told that there was nothing more I could do.  They would call me when my name came up.
Great.  Hurry up and wait. Blech.

I'm still hoping to hear from them soon - but I'm really really glad that I didn't wait to go see HRB.  If I had waited, I wouldn't have been able to see her before she goes to Europe. *sigh*

While I'm ecstatic for her - I'm sad for me.  I'm going to miss her.  But - since we both have Skype, I can at least see her once in a while, even if it's just on a screen.

And that's all I have the energy for.


____________
waiting for ..........




No comments:

Post a Comment