October 16, 2017

Oct 16, 2017 - Thoughts on Gastric Bypass

Well, I'm at the point where I'm starting to wonder "should I REALLY do this? what if I can't find medication that works for my dermatologic skin?"

It's freaking me out a bit - but I'm told that's normal. 
I'm also going through things and saying "well, I won't be able to do this any more" - it's really strange.  Knowing that I'll never be able to go to a buffet again, or anything like that. It's not like I go very often anyway, but still... NEVER? EEEEK!

I've also noticed that I've lost a fair bit of weight since I started the walking and lower calorie "diet" they gave me.  I'm at about 20lbs so far - since July 17.  I think that's pretty good and it does make me start to think "maybe I can do this on my own"....then I remember that I've been on diets for over 30 years now, and they all start like this - lose about 20-25lbs and then they just stop.  No matter what I do, except starvation calories, the weight doesn't change. 
so, I'm going to do this - and I really hope that in 10 days I get to post that "I'm going forward!" instead of "another three months wait". I know 3 months isn't very long, but I just want this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment