April 23, 2012

Bilateral Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome

What a mouthful, eh?
here's the Wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_canal_dehiscence

Here's a video that gives an awesome description.  Warning - there's a little bit of blood.
http://youtu.be/YkGsiyJyuRI


if you want - you can read the news story:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4436348#.T5YAE6tYvoE


That is what I have been fighting against for the past 2 years, and slowly getting worse.  I've been seeing an   ENT (ear, nose throat), "pain" and general practitioner for over a year.

I saw my ENT in early April 2012, and we start the testing for surgery in July 2012.  This is the same surgery I adamantly refused in October 2011.

Tomorrow is D-Day.  I saw my pain doctor, and he wanted me to see my GP.  He also said he'd consult with my GP.  
I have a sneaking suspicion that they are wanting to take me off work.

I think they might be right.


You have no idea how hard that is for me to admit.  I've been fighting for so long and so hard... I should be able to get through this too.
But... maybe I can't.  I am spending a lot of my day not working - just wishing that everything would hold still so I can work!

*sigh*
I'll let you know.

_________________
stop the world... I want to get off!

No comments:

Post a Comment